PAX West Drive Back

I woke up, wrote notes from Monday, and converted then uploaded the last of the videos. Stand in Dog Paco slept by my side.

I had a schedule to keep, and traffic jams to skip. So I left at noon hoping all the rush had subside. The other option was leaving at 6 in the morning. Hard to do when I woke up at 7:30.

I made sure to check and double check I had packed everything this time. Gas was very cheap, and I made sure to fill up as best as possible.

The Tacoma snarl was small in comparison. Only half a mile, and I lost about 20 minutes. After that, it was fairly straightforward and simple. The big trick was getting into the far right lane when I had to get onto I-90.

The trip to Ellensburg felt longer. I kept thinking things would happen faster but they didn't. The markers came slowly, even though I was making a good time. I think it was from being more awake than usual. Near the end I was falling asleep and hoping to grab a soda soon.

I hadnt eaten all day, so I splurged and grabbed some Taco Del Mar. I forget how much driving puts you Into tunnel vision. When I talked I had to let go of it, and that was hard.


The drive after that was simple. I made sure to grab more soda, and drank it to stay awake.

As soon as I got home I put on shorts. I had been wearing the same pants for 3 days with no real breaks. Then I prepared for the church tech club.

It had been a weird journey, but I was back.

Comments

Popular Posts