PAX 2018 Saturday

I had a wedding at 10:30 in the morning. It meant putting everything on hold until passed noon. The couple is retired, and found each other after a very long time of waiting. I was friends with the bride, and she was so happy.

Packing in an hour felt so odd. My suitcase was pretty much ready. I'm sleeping in my office while my brother and his wife are visiting, so I just put clean clothes in the case.

I put everything in, and tried to remember every little bit. The entire thing feels rushed and last minute. I found out about the tickets in a few days ago. I am also taking the 360 camera with equipment. This means a giant RC car, and backpack. It made me nervous checking this part or that.

To add to problems, one of my tires is going flat.

The drive had various drivers. Red pick up trucks seem to be the douche car of choice in the NW. The newer, the more aggressive.

People would pass me, and then be passed at any curve. Wendy's was my go to restaurant, and gas was really low. I suspect the pump did not fully fill my tank though.

I made weird plans for every contingency or problem. I'm only here for two days, but every penny counts. I have a goal to use the remaining money for an NES Classic, and if I can, a SNES Classic.

The mountain trail was gorgeous, and I enjoyed the view. Then the drive to Seattle and then Tacoma was open enough to go faster than the speed limit.

The biggest bad driver was a guy that follow my tail, so I let him pass. Then he moves ahead by 50 feet and slows down. I followed him for most of the trip to Silverdale.

Somehow, I arrived late. Far worse, my perfectly ready suitcase was still at my house. Yep, only the clothes on my body for this trip.

Comments

Popular Posts