ECCC Day 3

I had a wonderful sleep, and good dreams. It was a pleasant time waking up. In fact, I woke up, checked my phone, and found out I had another hour to sleep.

After a pleasant shower, and the discovery my hairbrush was missing I headed out. I decided to record the video of the day before before heading out. It took longer than expected, and suddenly I was in a rush.


I kept wiping my window to see through it as I drove. This lasted three blocks before it was ok.

Since it was Saturday, I could use the inside parking lot and not have a foggy car when I got back. The machine was acting really slow. One lady took 10 minutes to get her ticket.

Some guy started yelling. I didn't know what he was saying. I listened again, and then told him to repeat it. He had a 24 hour card, and was willing to give it to me.

I ran over, grabbed his, and put it into my car. Then I felt guilty because there were others who could have gotten it but didn't. I took it though, and ran over to the dock.


There was no ferry. A security guard told me it was cancelled. Then we heard the ferry was cancelled until 9:50.  I had two hours to spare.

We found out later a box had appeared with no knowledge on what it was. The entire dock was closed down until they could make sure it was safe.

I met up with a minion and his brother. We decided to grab some food. The Hawaiian place was closed, so we had to walk a couple blocks to a dinner that was open. This turned out to be a good plan.

Along the way we stopped at a coffee shop, and I bought a cake brownie. It was a geeky area. I spotted a dungeons and dragons bar, and the quarters arcade. I even looked inside to see if the mini neo geo was there.


We found the diner and were all Impressed. The meat was cured there. They had a museum of old school supplies and stuff to see. Even classic comics.

We filled up, and I had to eat some of their food. The conversation ranged from which Zelda was good to Japanese culture in the US.

The big topic was how much Bremerton had set up a perfect day trip place. You start at this diner, and then walk around to see movies, and play at the Arcades. There are snacks and other things to enjoy around. Then finish it off with a ferry trip back. I'm telling my parents about this. They should do this for their anniversary.


We walked back, but the ferry had reached capacity before we got there. There was another long wait, and we mostly didn't talk.

On the ferry we played a card game with a magical candy mountain and a liopluroudan. It was a fun time, and we joked a lot. Someone wanted a zip line from the space Needle to a nearby orbiting building. Then we joked it should be a modern platformer from drone to drone style ziplines. I joked it would write something in gallifreyan.


They were young and happy, and the group kept getting bigger. At the line for the departing they saw a life vest on a person and called it a dog. I joked they should jump, and swim for shore.

A part of the group stopped at the donut shop, and the rest went downstairs to catch a Lyft. This was my first time using Lyft or Uber. It was easy and fairly simple. I had the back seat, so I couldn't see a lot. It felt very touristy.

I finally got back to the convention, and started moving folks in. There was a lot of people that day. I was told we had passed any record kept for the convention by noon. The emerald City Comic Con takes in a whole city of people every year.


This changed my tactics. The days before, I got as many people in as I could. Now I was warning people to come back or check the size of the crowd. 40-50 people would hear me and go in at one time.

There were tons of clothes and suits to check out. My favorite was the Street Fighter folks. But there was also a Breath of the Wild character and others.


My cousin Wyska was coming to check it out. So I stayed at the arcade until she showed up. There were massive amounts of people who wanted to go in, or talk arcade with me. An anthropologist's delight.

I noticed a girl walking around, and then would look away. Finally I asked if she wanted to try out the arcade. She was one of them minions I worked with, she was just dressed up now. It was a really shock.

Finally Wyska showed up. Btw, it's pronounced Vee-skaw. She goes by Claire so people don't screw it up.

This was her first comic Con. She was blown away by the size and amount of things to see. The first time I asked someone if I could get there picture, she squealed. It was so amazing, people in costume who let her take their picture. We kept going around, and the more she saw, the more overwhelming it was for her.


The LEGO room caught her off guard.


She kept saying she didn't want to bother the people who were dressed up. So I would ask, them, and then she would take a picture.


While walking around, I spotted Stan Sakai’s booth and saw he was there. I went back twice to get his autograph, but people were buying stuff every time.

While going down the stairs from artists alley, I spotted the minion, and took her picture.


We walked around the gaming area. I showed Vyska the lending library. They have a system to check your pass in to lend a game. Not a shoe or ID. They register your pass, and if you walk off with a game, they know who did it.

I played an indie game about the media from a Polish immigrant. It was not a game to play when showing your cousin around.

Her comments on her costume was the most interesting. She had a costume, but was scared it was too showy. She walked back to her friends house and dressed in something else. Then she saw the show. She was amazed at all the outfits and realized her costume wasn't showy at all.

A little boy was amazed to see her in the super girl shirt she wore and even waved at her. She was so amazed. I saw her blush.

We tried finding a place to get some hot cocoa, but ran out of time. Wyska kept asking what costume she could wear. I told her she had some great ideas.


The walk to the ferry was great. There were still people in costume when I got there. I found some of the group from earlier and played a game about cards and dungeons. I even gave out my card for when them to get their college to use my lectures for lessons.

We laughed and joked. One of the group was a minion going through a hard time. The game helped her.


The drive back was easy, because there was no fog in my car. I got in, uploaded pics, and went to sleep. Paco the dog by my side.

Comments

Popular Posts