ECCC 2018 Day 4

When I woke up I got into the shower, ate breakfast, and vomited. The peanut butter wasn't going down, and choking me to the point I couldn't breathe. I stupidly tried to drink milk to push it down. It didn't work. In fact, my body rejected the whole thing.


I was able to eat another sandwich, and then drink more milk. That was breakfast. I took a shower and even made and then uploaded a video about day 3.

I tried a new route to church, and found out it was fun. No one was there though. I was making myself late for nothing. I think there was a large multi congregational meeting called a stake conference.

After that, I drove to the ferry dock. My parking receipt machine took forever, and several tries to work. But I had time, so it didn't matter.


I worked on notes, and even pictures for day three. It was all done by the time I we arrived. A little girl was freezing outside and kept telling her grandparents she was cold.

“Holy crap yes it is,” I said turning up my head from my notes.

If the girl ever looked at me, I smiled or made a face at her. She enjoyed it I think. It was very cold outside. She was right you know.

I got to the arcade and started pointing people in. After a bit, I realized I didn't need to. There was such a massive amount of people coming in, I just needed to point and hand out fliers. I got through three or four stacks and even had to tell people not to go in. We were at capacity. The spot was perfect for us.


That became the problem, most people's complaint was that it was too crowded. They saw it, and freaked out. We needed more games and more room. To be honest, that creates a real problem. To get more room, we need more games, but since we don't know how much room we have, we just take in a small amount.

There is also the question of organization. Arranging the games means getting a truck and having someone pick up the machines. Then people have to donate their own games. They have to work, and be ready to fix them as needed.

While I worked and toiled away, I got sick and tired. I hadn't eaten since the day before at the diner. The sandwich incident made me feel worse. So as I sat, I felt myself drift from wakefulness.

Soon a girl scout troop passed by with cookies. I bought some and had that for lunch. I didn't leave, just gestured a lot to folks to go into the room.

After some time, I felt a little better and more awake. We continued to have people come in until we closed.


One guy chatted with me about picking locks and security systems. He got into it as a hobby, and now teaches others. I had to explain I lived in Spokane so I couldn't make the meeting.

A guy beat Street Fighter 2, and excitedly told everyone. I gave him a cookie as a reward.

We were at capacity almost the entire day. I was handing out fliers rather than telling people to go in. If there was room, I would signal folks, and a massive amount would follow. The people continued and I honestly felt out of it.

The throwing up meant I hadn't really eaten in 24+ hours. I wasn't hungry, but I was tired. After drinking some water I felt better. I had to lean over and through a line of ladies to get to the fountain, but it helped. They commented how desperate I must be.

Around five there were was a massive amount of people going down the escalator. We couldn't high five them, so I yelled for everyone to raise their hands. Then I air fived them. We did that for several groups going down the escalator.


I beat a kid at Street Fighter II, but he was a worthy opponent. Then I turned the machine off. Everything was organized by load, and the pins were taken apart. I took a small breather to get my head on straight, and handed out fliers.

When the crowds dwindled, I put all my stuff into a carrying case I had brought. The cookies joined them.

My first load in, I used the hard handcart, and said it was better to give it to the guy at the truck. It just takes a lot of strength to do, and this was a long distance. The shorter distance on the truck would be easier.


After that was machines, I spotted a couple times. There was a hill between our room and the elevator. This meant being really careful.

At one point someone asked me for pallets. I told them to look for someone with a greener shirt than me. They thought I was the facility staff.

On Thursday, before the fliers arrived, I had people take a picture of my shirt to know about the show. I would joke that my eyes were up here. Really it says staff on it, and several people gave me some leeway because of it. For example, no one tried to sell me a ticket into the show from the street corner, and another dealer stopped one who tried.

So it wasn't as much as a surprise to have this happen on unloading the stuff.

We enjoyed our time, and told jokes. The elevator was big, but our machines made them cramped.


Soon enough, the room was empty. I joked with Brad’s wife, and we talked about organizing more mini arcades for shows. It seems this was a surprise because it was organized in a month.

I shook hands with the other Mormon at the show. We joked about how small the church was, but how we all tended to take charge at stuff. If you're wondering, we think it's weird too.

I walked to the Sheraton to see if a friend was there. I messaged him to see where he was. I was nearly to the ferry when I got the message back from him. It was too late. I was done, and had no time to say goodbye. Sorry Ben.


While on the ferry, I found out my buddy's girlfriend was working on the boat. I chatted with her and told her about the shows coming in June.

As I typed notes, two kids argued and played with each other. One of them dared the younger to touch the ceiling. It was three inches above my head. They jumped and leaned to touch the metal corrugated sheets. While grabbing a soda, I casually touched it and smiled at them.

Then a really cute puppy walked in. I got pictures of her. She licked my phone as I tried to get the pic. There have been many dogs on the ferry. I did see two freak out a little when they saw another dog. People nearby petted the dogs and calmed them. Love this place.


I arrived in Bremerton late. Adam was watching Hobbit 2 in 4K. It was gorgeous. He told me the pass I was going to take was closed. I mentioned it on Facebook, and he replied to me about it from him phone. We were a few feet away from each other.

His girlfriend came home, and she told me about the pink light in the bathroom. Apparently it only turns on if you tell Alexa to do it. The internet of things was set up throughout the house.

I went to bed planning out alternative things to do in Seattle while waiting for the pass to open. I wanted to hang out with friends

Comments

Popular Posts