Screen Grab

Some of my Webelos have been sending me pictures of their games. The problem is they are taking actual pictures of their games. They get out the camera, take a picture of the screen, and then send me that picture. It’s not really what I want.

So, here is a basic step by step guide to take a picture of your game.

There is a button on your keyboard marked Print Screen. If you press it, it takes a small picture of your screen. It isn’t saved though.

Go into Paint, and then press CTRL + V. This pastes or moves the screen grab onto paint.

Then click on the selection tool. Select only the game itself, and then hit the button Crop on paint.

Congrats, you have a screen grab. Go to Save As, choose PNG -they tend to be smaller- and name your creation.

Heck, have a video of me doing it.



To do the video capture I downloaded Cam Studio. It’s free, but you have to watch the install carefully. Don’t just click next. There are a couple programs trying to install themselves with your new program. Decline those, and use only the Cam program. Why am I telling you this? Because I wanted videos as well. This should make things a lot easier. Post the videos on youtube, and send me a link.

To do a video capture, just press record. And when done, press stop. Try to make a cool video about how cool your game is.

Comments

Popular Posts