The quick story of the quick trip

A while back someone posted a link to a bunch of games on EBay with a starting bid of $1. So I put some bids down and expected to get a small one. Three days before final call I had 5-7 games and it freaked me out. I asked for help and most of the games were sold. I won two full sized games for $2.

Anthropologists don't get paid much so for me this was a big opportunity. I had some money for a single trip, but nothing else. I had some folks offer to drive me. My aunt an uncle live in a neighborhood that goes nuts on 4th of July. So a chance to watch the show of hundreds of fireworks from each house is a bargain.

They backed down a few hours before leaving. My next goal was to get a truck and a trailer. Someone at church said I could use their trailer. I never got a truck though.



So, Thursday I get a call to help with some hay bails. It would be at 5 Am the next day. The number was to my message machine connected to my google account. In other words, if I hadn't been on my email at that moment, I wouldn't have spoken on the "phone". To me if I speak to someone over this line, it is a sign.

So 5 AM I wake up, sort of. I missed the initial text, but was able to get ahold of the family to help. It was one of my scouts, and we had to move 150 bales in an hour.

At work they pointed out I had buttoned my shirt wrong. I had hay in all my pockets. Even my wallet.

After work I went to Seattle. In other words I was exhausted anyway. My aunt and uncle were happy to let me stay at their house. I met their new dog. They were hoping my dog could teach her how to play fetch, and enjoy fireworks.



After 10 hours of sleep, and some food, I headed to the meeting place. It is in one of the most beautiful parts of Washington. In fact it was the same exit as Sedro Wooley, which is nicknamed the Shire.

The games were in a warehouse. The first was a broken buck hunter. The other was a giant display game that was so cool. It came in two parts, and was going to fill my minivan.



It was next to impossible to get into my car. We used a car jack, backing up the van, and just muscles. The thing weighs over 1000 pounds. If I had a trailer it would have been easy.

After some contemplating I decided to take the buck hunter instead. It fit in my car, and weighs about 80 pounds. This helped me to afford gas home. Half a ton would have cost too much.

My goal was to buy a tank and a half of gas. It took .5 to get to the halfway point and then .5 from their house to the warehouse and back to Seattle. Then another .5 to the halfway point.



The drive was long but incredible. I was wowed by a view or two. Then the really dull part.

So, I got an empty cabinet, and it cost about $73 altogether. My plans are slowly moving forward. Soon I shall have my own game. Bwahahahaha!

Comments

Popular Posts