TooDX: Sportsball





One of my all time favorite games is Joust by Midway. At the Portland Retro Gaming Expo we had three Joust machines, and I played none of them. This was a bit tragic for me.

Sportball can also be called Joust Soccer, because it is Joust with a soccer goal. You choose out your mount and team, with things ranging from small ostriches, to giant lizards or buzzards. I was a buzzard and conquered all.

The first game I just played Joust, and ignored the balls. In fact, I didn’t really get what they were for. This was not the greatest strategy, but I had fun. The same rules applied, if you land on top of an opponent, you kill them. They reappear from the goal line. Random balls bounce everywhere.

The second time I played, the balls finally made sense, but i was terrible at it. I figured out how to control the ball a bit, and attacked opponents near the ball. This was enough to win 2 out of 3 games. I admit the guy on my team was likely the one scoring all the goals.

tumblr_nduuyilkgt1syeo5yo1_1280.jpg

He is on the left. The other two were our worthy opponents. Seeing as the guy on the right made the game, I would say there was a set up somewhere.

I loved the game, and will be getting it as soon as I can. Four player is the superior way to play, and it will be a lot of fun grabbing friends, and attacking them with my all powerful buzzard.

Comments

Popular Posts