Real Life Game: Fetch Update


The grass is finally beginning to grow again, and our all time favorite sport Fetch is about to start its season. We were able to catch up with star player Bitsey Beagle today while she was practicing.
One of her early morning stretches.

Although her early career was stick, she has since proven a master of Ball. Her skills have proven so well, that in the international backyard market, she has begun to play the much more difficult Two Balls.



“I have trained for a long time to learn the technique,” says Bitsey, “it involved a lot of work, and effort before I received my treat at the end.”

The usually coy athlete was blunt about some of the conditions she has to work in.

“I hear other athletes complain about having to take urine samples,” says Bitsey, “but honestly, unless they have to sit their and watch you pee, before they let you play, then you really don’t have anything to compare with me. Every day for me, I get tested, and all I get in return is a piece of hardened bread for a treat.”
A rope swinging fan

“She is so freaking awesome,” said one of todays onlookers. “I have been training with rope, and ball, but never to her degree. Every day I just go out to watch her practice, and wonder when I get to be in the big leagues.”

It began to rain mid training, and Bitsy continued to play

We spoke with Bitsey about her professional sponsorships.
“It’s been really nice, especially the squeaky balls. They give me a lot of extra desire to do my best. I love just grabbing them. Also, I can be told about stuff as the ball hits the ground and squeaks a bit.”

“They are working on games for Fetch,” said Bitsey, “I wasn’t chosen to be cover this year, but I hope next year will be my year.”

Bitsy was of course speaking about the many Fetch simulators for your consoles. We asked what she thought about them.

“Really, I hope fetch is properly shown, its a tough sport. I hear the ones with new graphics are really violent, which makes me wonder about the creators. Do they really understand what a game of fetch is really about? I guess they are trying to make it sound grander than it is, and more pulse pounding.”
Fetch Extreme will be coming out for 360, PS3, PS4, and XBone



“The one that looked the most interesting was for the Wii. It didn’t quite get the feeling of dealing with various things, like the companionship efforts, but the accuracy to the game itself was terrific.”
Wii Fetch is already out for a Wii or Wii U near you.

“But really, the game for me sounds like Nitendogs. You get scratches, and treats, plus fetch. The graphics aren’t the greatest, but it shows the best example of Fetch in the industry.”
Nintendogs + Cats is out today for your 3DS.

“My biggest concern with the games, -sorry I don’t play them- is that they may take away the real life enjoyment of Fetch, and other games. We athletes train really hard all year round. The other day we played until it was dark, and I had a hard time finding the ball because of all the snow, but its what an athlete has to do all year. It sort of worries me that some might try to ignore the training part for some casual experience with the sport.”

Bitsy has been training for at least eight years. She says it was a tough time to learn all of the techniques.

“When I first began to play, I was just trying to get ball or stick into the same place. Other times someone would clap, and I would just run as fast as I could. We don’t do those drills anymore, but I remember them so well. I just remember that balls go to where it was thrown from, not where it lands. Two balls makes it a little easier, but not much. It still requires a lot of listening, and watching.”

The Backyard Fetch champ will be training, and playing all season long. We look forward to giving more highlights with our amazing dog.

Popular Posts