Why no articles?

I thought I would update all of you on some important matters. The first off is that I am not going to try to have a video every week. When a video finishes, it will be posted. The reason why is that the latest video needed a ton of research, and then needs a ton of material to take in what I am trying to say. I accidentally hit a one way street directly into Pretty Dang Serious ville, and sort of need to edit things a lot more carefully. There will be an article on the subject as well.

Video editing takes a lot of time, and as much as I love it, also takes away from writing articles.

In other news, a friend sent me a book on how to program in Assembly code. I am now learning how to use it for both the MiPs, and 6502 processors. Why you ask? Because the Nintendo Entertainment System was built from a 6502 processor. Shigeru Miyamoto once said that learning Assembly would be the best step to becoming a game programmer. I want to experience that, so I will try. There are some great tutorials out there. The big thing is trying to get all of the code to fit within the needs of the processor and picture processor. it should be fun for me.

There are a lot of amazing folks right now talking gaming, and I want to interview as many of them as I can. Hopefully soon there will be interviews with Arcade collectors in England, professors who teach how to turn things into games, and even more people you have likely never heard of. I am also interviewing random people about games in their lives.

So, don’t take this odd pause as a sign I gave up. I am just prepping the next set of articles. I am also trying to get my editing to be better.

Popular Posts